One Mama Duck

Crafting my way through life - one adventure at a time.

Hi! I'm LisaDV. Thanks for stopping by. This is my life, crazy and chaotic most of the time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Be Awesome


This week the challenge at Use your Stuff was to really heap the supplies on. I love to do just that. I was so looking forward to getting some mixed media going on it too. Having been out of town at the first part of the week, the getting back catch up taking longer than I wanted it to, and now gardening taking over our life, means that this lady got no time to play with this challenge.

What did I do? I finished the layout that was on my desk from before the weekend. Because, you know, I can't possibly start something new when something is already in the works on my desk.

I do like how this turned out though.  I used my stash and the December 2016 Hip Kit.

The journaling up the side reads:  This is what you get texted when you leave 2 boys alone in a hotel room.  The little chipboard puffy word pieces & my mini rectangle alphas line up to say - Random life is lovely always with you.

The text message is actually printed out where you see my husband texted the silly photo with the comment "something is going on". My reply, "dorks united?". His response, "Say what? We be awesome". This is why I chose be awesome as the title.


And something awesome happened to me this week.



My layout of the New Puppy Cuddles was one of three chosen to be featured on the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog for Metallics.  I'm beyond thrilled!!

Doing a happy dance on the inside. I said gardening is taking over my life right now, so I have  no energy to physically dance. Actually walking upstairs is kind of a process at this point.  But off I go, I'm bushed and need some sleep so I can plant tomorrow.

Hugs,

Lisa

2 comments: