One Mama Duck

Crafting my way through life - one adventure at a time.

Hi! I'm LisaDV. Thanks for stopping by. This is my life, crazy and chaotic most of the time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

3 Challenges: 1 Layout

One of my favorite things to do is to combine challenges and see where it takes me on my layout.
This week I started with Use Your Stuff's Challenge #261 to use circles. Then I saw Scrap Our Stash's Sketch Challenge where you add an element that starts with every letter in the word FLOWER.  Finally, I decided to also use the 2peasrefugee board's April Stash Challenge, which suggests using -a chevron pattern, at least 2 different alphas, ribbon/twine, something metallic, something from your last purchase, and to use your punches.

This is the sketch which has circles on it.




I kept fairly close to the sketch. This is what I came up with



Use Your Stuff:   The half-circles out of stars still gives the allusion of a full circle and I love it. Other circles include the red pattern paper and the flair which says "ugh" from Feed Your Craft. That flair is perfect on top of that photo where the pup is on my son's head.

Scrap Your Stash:
F: flair
L: letters, layers
O: orange, overlay
W: wood veneer, word stickers
E: enamel dots
R: red

2PeasRefugee's Stash Challenge:
- a chevron pattern, USED pattern paper
- at least 2 different alphas, USED
- ribbon/twine, SUBSTITUTED Stamps
- something metallic, USED (heidi swapp color shine splatters)
- something from your last purchase, USED (recently reordered more of those stars as I was running low. I LOVE those things and use them all the time. I wish the had symmetrical hearts the same way.)
- to use your punches SUBSTITUTED word stickers.

3 challenges, 1 layout.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys combining challenges.

8 comments:

  1. Hi there! No, you are not the only one that likes to combine challenges, I do so too :-). I like the colors you have uses to the photos, the overlay is perfectly matched and I like that it goes a bit outside the photo. The half circles are fun too. Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Our Stash! <3, Love Kada in Sweden, DT member of SoS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fun photos and how you incorporated the circles into your layout. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome circles and overall design. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic and adorable page. Love the details and stash use. Great take! Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page, well done to combine the challenges. Good choices with your stash :) Thanks for taking the challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work combining challenges and great use of your stash! Glad you joined Scrap Our Stash this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job combining challenges - LOVE the use of your stash items. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page and design. I really like your choises of paper and colors. Thank you for joining Scrap Our Stash! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete