One Mama Duck

Crafting my way through life - one adventure at a time.

Hi! I'm LisaDV. Thanks for stopping by. This is my life, crazy and chaotic most of the time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Page Kit Count Down - Page Kit #5

When I cleaned up, I found I only had 5 page kits left.  When I make page kits 85-90% of them are collection kits that I just toss photos into that I think the kit would complement. The other 10-15% are kits where I've actually gone through my stash of papers and found coordinating papers. I might throw in other things I know I want to use, but I mainly leave embellishments out. That's the fun part of scrapping the page for me. I really dislike the photo editing. I find the paper picking to be a chore. This is why I've taken to doing these things in batches.

These are the 5 page kits I have left.


Pulling out my Carta Bella All American Collection Kit which had photos from July 4th 2015 left in it, I set to work.  This kit actually had some ribbon thrown in as well.  I pulled out the mass of photos from the day, figured out the best arrangement. I would create a double page and 2 single pages. The singles could go side by side if need be or one could go before the double and the other after. This will give me some flexibility when putting them in the album. (I scrap whenever but store close to chronological.)



I used the ribbon. I also pulled in some red hemp, the white cardstock, enamel dots/shapes, ink, vellum, a couple of punches, and some red small tab alphas.  Everything else was from the kit. The pages came together quickly, which I liked.

I had already created a layout with my great niece from this kit as well. Plus there is still enough for a couple of more pages. I put the collection back into my stash. Another reason I love using collection kits for page kits is the ease of assimilating the items back into my stash, since I keep the kit together and place all kits together. ha. With individual papers I have to go to each section to put them away - feminine, masculine, vibrant, polka dot, office, specialty, wood-look, etc... It's cumbersome.


2 comments:

  1. They all look great, Lisa, but I especially like all your layers and photos on the double page spread! I like to assemble kits from my stash too, it's like shopping all over again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this kit. That Fireworks page is divine.

    ReplyDelete